Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Property access and driveways

Under the Road Management Act 2004, it is the property owners responsibility to maintain and provide access to their own property. This includes maintaining gravel driveways, installation and maintenance of culvert crossings where needed and concrete type crossovers where kerb and channel exists.

If gravel from driveways, grass overgrowth or any such obstruction blocks culverts, it is the property owners responsibility to unblock, maintain and keep culverts in working order.

Further information is available via Council's Road Management Plan and Council's Community Local Law No. 4 of 2005

Customer Service
111 Brown Street
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0444

Powered by